Save the Date: October 12, 2013, 1 – 4 pm
Planning is underway for our 2013 event–watch this page for updates!
FREE music, local food and fun for Crescendo families and their friends and neighbors.
Bring a friend down to Crescendo and receive a free gift!
Performances ongoing by Crescendo faculty and students; games and activities for kids (including face painting and arts and crafts); instrument petting zoo; and a Music Together® demonstration class.
Street parking is free on weekends–come on down for all the FUN!
Crescendo students, families, friends and the greater Kalamazoo community are warmly invited to attend what promises to be an exciting afternoon.
Food was provided by local vendors such as The Victorian Bakery, Hunan Gardens, Central City Taphouse, Full City, Papa’s Italian Sausage, Great Harvest Bread Company, People’s Food Co-Op, coffee by Something’s Brewing and more!
- Crescendo wind ensemble, featuring Crescendo instructors Mira Shifrin, flute; Jesse Williams, clarinet; and Mark Portolese, piano
- Sarah Hedlund and Joanna Steinhauser, violin duet
- Miles Kusik and Jackie Zito, guitar duets
- Crescendo faculty string quartet: Mark Portolese, violin; Sarah Hedlund, violin; Luke Cook, cello; and special guest Sara Rogers, viola
- Crescendo Fiddlers
- Crescendo Youth Violin Trio and other selected students
Flipse, Meyer, and Allwardt, CPA
The following have helped make this event possible:
Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra, for use of their instrument petting zoo
Fontana Chamber Arts, for use of their piano
Gilmore Keyboard Festival, for reception assistance
N Dimensional Design, for graphic design
Phi Mu Alpha/WMU chapter, for instrument petting zoo assistance